RRQ (Trapnell, Campbell 1999) – Revision (Carter, 2010)
1. My attention is often focused on aspects of myself I wish I’d stop thinking about.
2. I always seem to be rehashing in my mind recent things I’ve said or done.
3. it is hard for me to shut off thoughts about myself.
4. I never ruminate or dwell on myself for very long. (RS)
5. I often reflect on episodes in my life that I should no longer concern myself with.
6. I spend a great deal of time thinking back over my embarrassing or disappointing moments.
7. I’m not really a meditative type of person. (RS)
8. I love analyzing why I do things.
9. People often say I’m a “deep,” introspective type person.
10. I’m very self-inquisitive by nature
11. I love to meditate on the nature and meaning of things.
12. I often love to look at my life in philosophical ways.
13. Contemplating myself isn’t my idea of fun. (RS)
Note. RS = reverse scored item. Rumination (1-6) Reflection (7-13)