SAS (Harmer, 2006)
1. I have a general sense of belonging.
2. I am able to forgive people who have done wrong to me.
3. I have the ability to rise above or go beyond a physical or psychological condition.
4. I am concerned about destruction of the environment.
5. I have experienced moments of peace in a devastating event.
6. I feel a kinship to other people.
7. I feel a connection to all of life.
8. I rely on an inner strength in hard times.
9. I enjoy being of service to others.
10. I can go to a spiritual dimension within myself for guidance.
11. I have the ability to rise above or go beyond a body change or body loss.
12. I have a sense of harmony or inner peace.
13. I have the ability for self‐healing.
14. I have an inner strength.
15. The boundaries of my universe extend beyond usual ideas of what space and time are thought to be.
16. I feel good about myself.
17. I have a sense of balance in my life.
18. There is fulfilment in my life.
19. I feel a responsibility to preserve the planet.
20. The meaning I have found for my life provides a sense of peace.
21. Even when I feel discouraged, I trust that life is good.
22. My life has meaning and purpose.
23. My innerness or an inner resource helps me deal with uncertainty in life.
24. I have discovered my own strength in time of struggle.
25. Reconciling relationships is important to me.
26. I feel a part of the community in which I live.
27. My inner strength is related to a belief in a Higher Power or Supreme Being.
28. I have goals and aims for my life.